Timeline for Aleutian campaign and Kodiak
Web Updates Log
This will show you some of what's new on this site.
- PHOTO ALBUMS
- Joe Hacker, NAS control tower 1958
- Don Harms, Sitkinak 1974
- Fredrick F. Davidson 1942-1945
- Glen Finklea USMC 1965, 12 images
- Sgt. Joseph Steven Eorio, Battery D, 250th CA, 69 images
- Captain George E. Bauch, supply officer, 215 CA AA
- Rupert Von Fox, Submarine Base 1944
- Jack Cook, NOJ Commsta 1979-1980 (Includes Great Buskin River Raft Race.)
- Rodger Schwind, NOJ Commsta 1955
- Bill Rigley, Navy Security Group Chiniak
- Max Hellmueller, Navy Security Police 1967-68
- Bill Carlson, 215th CA (AA)
- Harry Lomas, Navy Base 1967
- Roger Keltgen collection 215 CA (AA)
- George Reynolds maintained the large artillery pieces 1947-49.
- Panoramic Photos of several units in 1949, Army, Navy, Marines.
- Fleet Air Wing FOUR Leslie Gehres albums
- William Julian Army Dock WWII, 30 images
- Miscellaneous photo index over 250 images
- Allen C. Tompkins, 79th Construction Battalion
- Allen C. Tompkins, addendum, 76 photos in high resolution
- John Slusser, 79th Construction Battalion
- Naval Station photo index - 174 photos during base construction 1939-1940, text index
- Naval Station photo index - 105 photos from circa 1960 with thumbnail index
- Aerial photos of Navy base - from Daniel Jessup 1950
- Aerial views of the base - 6 undated photos
- Elmer Aemmer photo album USN Net Depot, Woody Island.
- Chuck Underwood photo album with 90 WW II images.
- Gresham Pace photo album US Army 151st Combat Engineers.
- Historic photos of Kodiak
- Don Warner USN Fleet Weather Central
- Six WWII photos tent city, etc.
- Collection of Patches, unit insignias, etc.
- Judie Freeman collection, USNS Funston, base aerial 50's, 5 photos.
- Bob Moses, 1967-1970.
- Lynn Saupe White Alice circa 1958.
- Misc aerial photos from large photos in the hall at the borough.
- Ben Guhrke photos from the tsnaumi era with a few of Anchorage
HARBOR DEFENSES OF KODIAK 1 NOVEMBER 1944
- This is the BIG book on the Army in Kodiak during WWII.
Kodiak Military History Museum at Miller Point, Ft. Abercrombie
Directory of units serving at Kodiak.
- Maps in JPEG and Autocad formats.
- US Naval Base Kodiak Alaska
- US Coast Guard Kodiak Alaska
- Fort Greely Kodiak Alaska
- Long Island
Puffin Island 90 mm gun battery - WWII site
Sitkinak Island Abandoned USCG Loran Station, aborted AC&W site
Chirikof Island communications station
Afognak Island sawmill at Danger Bay
Entrance Point Kodiak Naval Operating Base Entrance Point Anti-Aircraft Training Center (Soldier's Cove or Neva Cove.)
Fort Abercrombie World War II National Historic Place
WACS White Alice Communications System
ACS Alaska Communication System
- Woody Island
Spruce Cape loran station and WWII
SPARK radio equipment found near Port Bailey
Radio and Telephone History in Kodiak - Armed Forces Radio, KVOK, Army & Navy phones, more.
Newspapers - Kodiak Bear, Kodiak Mirror, Kadiak Times, Kodiak Fish Wrapper...
Seabees Navy Construction Battalions
Ships - books - links
Patches, unit insignia
Panama Gun Mounts
Sanak Radio Station on Caton Island.
WHAZZIT? We don't know. Do you?
kAdiak? Where does this spelling come from.
Historic photos of Kodiak
Kodiak shipwrecks 1741 to WWII era
Aerial photos of several Alaska airports, WWII era
My personal home page
Museum main entry
Chiniak USAF Tracking Stn.